A Sustainable Property Management Company

A Sustainable Property Management Company

Realty are a dedicated, professional, and sustainable managing agent- that cares about you, your property and your wider environment

At Realty we commit a strong focus to sustainability and have invested a considerable amount of time researching more sustainable ways to operate at each individual development.

Our most proudest initiative to date is that at least 80% of our portfolio (circa 4k units) have been moved onto greener energy tariffs and we are now in the process of moving  the remaining 20% over to an 100% renewable green electricity and gas provider that is certified by Renewable Energy Guarantees of Origin (REGOs) and independently verified by EcoAct, a Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) accredited provider.

This means that our customers and clients can be confident that the energy their managing agent has purchased is renewably sourced and can be reported with zero carbon emissions under the GHG Protocol market-based method; and demonstrates to Realty’s customers and clients that our business has made a commitment to support the long-term development of sustainable energy resources.

Our most popular initiatives that are currently widely used and promoted are:

  • Introducing LED lighting to improve energy efficiency and bulb longevity reducing cost and waste
  • Recycling is widely promoted through our residents’ update letters/online portal and recycling bins have been arranged with the local authorities at developments where no such provision existed.  This typically extends to paper and cardboard, plastics, glass, metals, and more recently biodegradable food waste
  • Where possible we wish to reduce paper consumption and therefore we encourage the use of our online portal for communication
  • Cycling is widely promoted across our developments with secure cycle stores having been created at a number of sites where this was not previously a feature
  • Rainwater harvesting has been implemented to reduce water usage within communal grounds
  • Replanting schemes have been introduced which aim to reduce carbon dioxide & air pollution and improve air quality, including the addition of green/living walls to city centre areas where traditional planting schemes are not possible
  • We only ever use local independent contractors for works in order to support local communities and to reduce air pollution from national contractors undertaking long journeys/commutes
  • We have recently started retro-fitting, where leases and documentation permit, electric car charging points
  • Part of our Property Managers’ standard practice is to encourage the use of public transport where possible to do so

In addition to this we currently have working experience and/or the knowledge and contractor base to manage the following, amongst many other smaller ‘green’ facilities:

  • Combined Heat & Power (CHP) Systems
  • Heat Recovery Systems & Mechanical Ventilation
  • Biomass Fueled Heating
  • Photovoltaic Solar Panel & Solar Water Heating
  • Green Roofs & Green Walls
  • Ground & Air Source Heat Pumps
  • Recycling & Composting
  • High Performance & Recycled Building Materials
  • Wind Turbines
  • Retrofitted Insulation & Low Energy Lighting
  • Sustainable Drainage, Water Attenuation & Natural Filtration Beds

If you are looking for a dedicated, professional, sustainable managing agent that cares not only about your home/property, but also your wider environment; or if you are interested in any of our green initiatives, then please do not hesitate to contact us for a proposal/quote/chat on 0161 474 7677 or info@realtymgt.co.uk